[ale] laptop diagnostics

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Wed Jan 19 18:59:27 EST 2011

If it uses a power brick, try another with the same voltage, at least
the same minimal amperage, polarity, and plug shape.  Check for a loose
power port socket, and a faulty power cable.  You could also try
replacing the memory.  I have two old memory sticks from my Dell
Inspiron 1525.  If they're the same, you could use them.  I think
they're 1GB each.  If you ever get it to boot, the Ultimate Boot CD has
a number of diagnostics.  http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/  Also, I like
prime95 for stress testing the memory, cpu, and cooling system.
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/  If anyone needs help getting prime95
running under Linux, let me know.

PS, when I hit reply, Evolution put your personal address in as well as
ALE.  Is that intentional?  If so, how do you do that?

Ron