[ale] Which large capacity drives are you having the best luck with?

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Jan 7 13:51:12 EST 2011

Hi Ryan.  That sounds cool.  Thanks for the tip.  The Ultimate Boot CD
also has many free utilities on it including some which work with disk
drives.  It's definitely worth a look.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

There is a tool called copywipe that I like on there.  It can be used to
write zeros or random data to the disk, as well as to copy a disk.  If
you just want to burn in a disk, and don't require surface analysis,
that could be used.  One unique feature of Spinrite that I like is that
it does extensive read / write surface analysis (not read only) non
destructively.  I've already installed the hard drive I mentioned on
other posts.  It has both Windows and Linux on it as well as lots of
data.  However, I'm running Spinrite on it when I'm not using the
machine and have no fear of it destroying the data.

Sincerely,

Ron