[ale] Which large capacity drives are you having the best luck with?

Matty matty91 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 09:47:55 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Ron Frazier
<atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com> wrote:

> No matter what you buy, I would get a copy of Spinrite ( $ 90 )
> ( http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm ).  This is one of the world's most
> advanced disk drive analysis and recovery programs.  The installer is a
> Windows program, but once you run that, you can create a bootable CD
> image which boots on it's own and has it's own clone of DOS.  It has to
> run own its own without the normal OS running.

I typically use pre_clear.sh to scrub my disks:

http://prefetch.net/blog/index.php/2010/07/18/wiping-a-hard-drive-with-preclear_disk-sh/

This script is free and runs on Linux (no need for Windows). Anyone
know of other disk scrubbing tools for Linux?

- Ryan
--
http://prefetch.net