[ale] OT: Sort of; "The ongoing saga with Gigabyte support

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:49:43 EST 2011

Scott Castaline wrote:
<snipped>

>...just got today's response from Gigabyte
> and here it is;
>
> Dear Customer,
>
> We have tested our 5770 card onto this board without any issue. You may
> submit for an rma request to sending in the board for us to examine if
> you wish. If so please submit your rma request below

honestly, I would.  if for no other reason than to quench my curiosity.
  I haven't EVER had the degree of problems with Gigabyte mobos (they
are in my top picks) that you've had to muck with, and hope it is
something that can be rectified quickly.

maybe it is a minor defect in the layers of that particular board.