[ale] OT: Sort of; "The ongoing saga with Gigabyte support

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:54:57 EST 2011

On 02/16/2011 09:27 AM, Preston Boyington wrote:
> Paul Cartwright wrote:
>> On 02/15/2011 04:36 PM, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
>>> No,,,
>>>
>>> You're in a maze of twisty little passages, all look alike.
>>>

>> go NE
>>
> You walk down a dark path.  There may be Grues here.
Yeh well, I'm beginning to feel like I'm directly related to the "Late,
Great, Rodney Dangerfield" or "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't
have any luck at all." Any way just got today's response from Gigabyte
and here it is;

Dear Customer,

We have tested our 5770 card onto this board without any issue. You may
submit for an rma request to sending in the board for us to examine if
you wish. If so please submit your rma request below

http://rma.gigabyte.us

Do I count this as a semi-win or what? I read the RMA procedure and I'm
responsible for cost of one way shipping. Also it states it may take up
to 2 - 3 weeks before concluding as to whether there is a problem or not
or deciding as to what to do. Add in it will probably take 3 - 5
business days to ship one way (City of Industry, CA. - E. of LA) so
that's 6 - 10 days. I could be sitting there for 31+ days with no
Kompooker. I think I might use some of my tax refund $$$ for another
MoBo, then I may go through the RMA process. So now I turn to those of
you on the list as to any personal suggestions as to decent current
technology MoBos that I may want to procure in the AMD side of CPUs. I
realize that I may be turning this thread into a thread from Hell, so
therefore I apologize in advance, should it lead to such a course.