[ale] mythtv capture card issues

Byron Jeff byronjeff at mail.clayton.edu
Sun Feb 6 12:34:22 EST 2011

Did you set up one of the numerous Myth flavored distributions out there?
They all have the drivers setup so that you don't have to download them.

I've had good luck with mythbuntu. But any of Mythdora, KnoppiMyth, or any
of the others should be helpful.

Just a word of advice: It's almost always better to set up the backend as a
separate machine whos sole purpose is to manage myth. Since the cards
handle the encoding, pretty much any machine is fine for the task.

Also remember that you'll need to get a Schedules Direct account for the
schedules.

See about getting a Myth distribution Live CD and test with it.

With myth servers coming prepackaged in distributions, there's little need
to try to cobble it together by hand.

BAJ

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 09:31:36AM -0500, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> Friends:
>
>   Thanks for your time and attention.
>
>    I am trying to setup the myth backend.  One of the sections is the Capture cards.
>
>    I have the Hauppauge PVR 150 (yes the analog card, serves me well).  It did    not get recognized.
>
>    I installed the ivtv-util package using apt-get, still no luck.
>
>    I think I now see IVTV-MPEG as an entry, but the probe says nothing.
>
>    I did lspci and dmesg but I dont see anything.
>
>    Any ideas how to make it get recognized ?
>
>    Which card is know to get recognized ?
>
>    Is there a MYTH fest around that you folks are aware of  ?
>
>    -Narahari
>
> - Done.

Byron A. Jeff
Department Chair: IT/CS/CNET
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
http://cims.clayton.edu/bjeff