[ale] mythtv capture card issues

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 09:31:36 EST 2011

Friends:

  Thanks for your time and attention.

   I am trying to setup the myth backend.  One of the sections is the
Capture cards.

   I have the Hauppauge PVR 150 (yes the analog card, serves me well).  It
did    not get recognized.

   I installed the ivtv-util package using apt-get, still no luck.

   I think I now see IVTV-MPEG as an entry, but the probe says nothing.

   I did lspci and dmesg but I dont see anything.

   Any ideas how to make it get recognized ?

   Which card is know to get recognized ?

   Is there a MYTH fest around that you folks are aware of  ?

   -Narahari

- Done.