[ale] opening distro war arch vs ubuntu

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:23:03 EST 2011

Thanks folks.

I tried Ubuntu 10.04 all the way to 11.10 and each upgrade is an issue by
itself.

Arch is a rolling upgrade which has bleeding edge problems, but  if I have
problem with bleeding edge others have too and solutions may turn around
faster.

Not sure if XFace is better than GNOME 3 shell ?

BTW all the dev env's are Virtual Box based VM's.

So how bad is the bleeding edge issue with Arch like how badly does it
break and is there like a stable point that I can upgrade to say once a
month.

-Narahari