[ale] VOIP recommendations?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Aug 25 07:07:05 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 07:26 -0400, Byron Jeff wrote:
> What has eluded me so far is a clear understanding of dialplans. I get
> that FS facilitates complex dialplans. What I'm really looking for is
> a DialPlan101 discussion.

Ditch distributions with integrated Asterisk and pretty web pages.

Get the Oreilly Asterisk book and start from the beginning.  Compile
Asterisk and configure with the editor of your choice.  Like Vim or
Emacs.

I got frustrated trying to solve problems in Trixbox and not knowing
what I was doing so I threw that mess away and have never looked back.
I can write dial plans I can program AGI's now.  I have an
understanding.  Something I did not have when the internals were hidden
away for the sake of simplicity and ease of use.

Chris