[ale] ARM CPU devices, linux capable, cheap

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Aug 12 11:47:25 EDT 2011

Chris,

I know I've seen an ad on TV where they have a tablet and dock it with a
keyboard and mouse, so you can have your cake and eat it too.  I'm not
sure which tablet, maybe the Samsung Galaxy Tab, or one of the smart
phones.  The GoToMeeting folks have been advertising on the radio talk
shows about their app which runs on iPads.  So, you can see your work
desktop on your tablet.  I'm sure you could do something similar with
these Linux devices.  Somewhere in a desk drawer, I have a traveling
folding keyboard that was designed to attach to a Palm Pilot.  Something
like that, or a wireless one, would be a great companion to a tablet.
When it was folded, it was about as big as a jumbo deck of cards.  If
you're actually willing to touch the screen of your tablet, you
shouldn't need a mouse very much.  Hate those fingerprints though.

Sincerely,

Ron