[ale] Continuing Saga of Centos 5.6

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:09:34 EDT 2011

So I downloaded the isos and burned the discs, scanned the first DVD for
errors and it passed, then ran the install for Server w/ GUI, entered the
root pwd and the machine chewed on the 1st disc without ever asking for the
2nd. Eventually it said something like "successfully installed" remove DVD
and reboot. When I reboot, all I get is a blinking underline cursor. I
suspect that I need(ed) to load some driver for the hard drives during the
install, but it seems strange that I don't get a "no boot device, reboot and
select..." error or any kernel panic. Any suggestions?

FYI, the configuration is:
 Mbd: Asus P7F-M
 CPU: Pentium Dual Core G6950
 RAM: 2x KINGSTON 2GB DDR3 1333MHZ ECC UNBUFF
 Boot HDD: 2x WD2503ABYX 250GB Enterprise SATA 7200rpm
 Data HDD: 2x Seagate 1TB Enterprise SATA ST1000NM0011
 Data Controller: 3WARE 9650SE-2LP KIT 2 PORT SATA II