[ale] CentOS 5.6 64Bit Install

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Aug 8 14:58:58 EDT 2011

Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> One thing that annoyed me with CentOS 5 was that they went to torrent
> for the x86_64 DVD and only have the CD ISOs for regular download.
> If your behind web blocking stuff that doesn't like torrents you're
> forced to do the Cds.  At least with 6 they've got ISOs for the DVDs.

That depends on the mirror.  I know that I downloaded both Centos 5.6
and 6.0 dvds directly.  The 6.0 dvds are available at GA Tech here:

http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/

http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.0-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso
http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/6.0/isos/x86_64/CentOS-6.0-x86_64-bin-DVD2.iso