[ale] cron jobs

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Aug 5 15:22:41 EDT 2011

Does the user exist in /etc/passwd?  (or NIS or LDAP?)   crontab –e is for editing system users.   The message you got suggests the otrs “home directory” is /opt/otrs.

When you ran crontab –e did you run it as the otrs users or as root?   (If any other user it would likely fail due to permissions as you saw.)