[ale] OT: gas going up this weekend

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Fri Apr 29 00:24:58 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 11:31:49PM -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> If the national avg is $3.88 and the Ga avg is $3.76, adding the $0.05 tax
> will bring the Ga avg to $3.80 which is still less $3.88
> There are areas around metro Atl where gas is much higher than the state
> avg. I tanked up today @ $3.75. Wish my scooter still ran.

I'm sorry, Jim, I'd presumed you'd upgraded to the most recent kernel. Some
years ago we added a special kind of multi-threading called "paragraphs"
to handle Independent and Concurrent ideas. So when I mentioned ATL gas
prices to national gas prices, I was only doing it to demostrate that gas is
much more expensive than it was previously and also more expensive
relationally, even if I was incorrect about how much more expensive
relationally. In no way should you or anyone have read that I was saying
Georgia had slapped a $3/gal gas tax or anything quite so ridiculous.
Rather, I was, and am, saying that it is misguided to dismiss a gas tax
increase as inconsequential.

I think if you patch your kernel and re-read my original post, you may be
able to better handle the input given to you.

Thanks.

-L