[ale] OT: gas going up this weekend

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Thu Apr 28 23:01:11 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 02:20:01PM -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 2:04 PM, The Don Lachlan <ale-at-ale.org@
> unpopularminds.org> wrote:
> > Georgia used to have very inexpensive gas. Now, it's the higher side
> > of average and the national average is between 3 and 4 times what it was 10
> > years ago.
> National average (today) is $3.88 and Ga is $3.76. We're still lower than
> average and the new tax bit won't change that.
> http://fuelgaugereport.aaa.com/?redirectto=http://fuelgaugereport.opisnet.com/index.asp

Let me rephrase: it's over $4.00 at some gas stations in Atlanta. Georgia
used to have very inexpensive gas. Now, you'll pay SIGNIFICANTLY MORE THAN
THE NATIONAL AVERAGE at some Georgia gas stations.

http://www.georgiagasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

Happy? Prolly not, since I think you missed and notably snipped something
from my previous message:

"To be clear, I'm not against this gas tax. But to dismiss its consequences
is very misguided."

Yeah, that part.

-L