[ale] Ubuntu Release Party Canceled

Ryan Curtin ryan at igglybob.com
Thu Apr 28 12:42:30 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 12:35:17PM -0400, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
> This may be redundant to Ryan Curtin's notes to
> the list RE: LUGatGT events, but this evenings
> Ubuntu Release Party has been canceled.
>
> To quote Ryan;s email from yesterday:
> ==
> " Oh yeah -- and I forgot to mention, the Ubuntu
> release party was cancelled due to apparent lack
> of interest, but the promoters will be on hand with
> free Ubuntu things.  So if you like free things..."
> ==
>
> So...
> There may still be swag at the time and location
> noted below.  I would email Ryan or Kurt (CC) to
> make certain before heading there, though.
>
> The cancellation is a bit of a disappointment.
> I hate the way the Kool Aid shortage seems to
> be hurting everyone these days.
> ;-)

So, I don't think that I was actually entirely clear with that
statement.

The free swag will be at the LUG meeting, which happened yesterday.
However, it'll be there next week too.  I'll make sure ALE is CC'ed on
the meeting announcement, although it will be a "meeting lite" where we
just meet and eat, with no presentation (because it's finals week).

--
Ryan Curtin       | "Hungry."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Sphinx