[ale] OT: gas going up this weekend

Michael Potter michael at potter.name
Wed Apr 27 16:04:59 EDT 2011

I think an interesting solution would be to allow people participate
in the futures market in small quantities.

It could work thru the oil companies credit cards.

Let's say that I am willing to commit to buy 100 gals of gas from BP
every month for $3.50 gal.  Then I could sign an agreement that I will
get charged $350 on the credit card at the beginning of the month and
I will get 100 gals of gas as needed throughout the month.

If the price goes down, I will be screwed; if the price goes up I come
out ahead.

Then taxi cab drivers and other people who have a predictable need for
gas can buy their gas at fixed price.

--
Michael Potter