[ale] OT - Best Auto GPS

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 13:19:48 EDT 2011

Get a droid phone, car power adapter and windshield-mount holder. The maps
are updated and the nav can show 3d or map view plus voice instructions. It
also accepts voice input.

Plus its a phone the can use when they still get lost.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Lightner, Jeff <jlightner at water.com>wrote:

>   My neighbors who are senior citizens are considering getting a GPS for
> their car and have asked if I’d be willing to help them pick one.
>

> Since my own GPS is a factory installed in-dash one I don’t have any
> opinions on the ones that one buys and would like some.   Of course I know
> that Garmin and others exists but not much more than that.
>

> From things I know and I’ve heard I’m thinking some of what would be
> necessary:
>

> 1)       Easy to use – These people aren’t technical.    It needs to be
> easy to input destinations and also easy to get updates loaded.
>

> 2)       Large display and/or audible turn information – I don’t really
> know how good their eyesight is but given that they’re older I’m thinking
> this would be helpful.
>

> 3)       Reasonable price for updates.
>

> Of course any other factors one cares to mention would be welcome.
>

>  Proud partner. Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
>
>  *Please consider our environment before printing this e-mail or
> attachments.*
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
> information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
> not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
> the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
> have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply
> immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and
> delete it. Thank you.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.