[ale] Fedora oddity

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 13 13:32:44 EDT 2011

This is a FC-13 box.

Over the last two days I have been getting frequent notifications that a
"Distribution upgrade" is available -- to FC 14.

When I try to download the files I get the message that metadata is being
downloaded and then the process starts "Getting installer images..."

A few minutes later the whole thing stalls after downloading 10 - 20 MB
with the message that the downloader
"failed to download installer data.
This could be caused by a missing network connection or a bad mirror.
Retry; Quit"

There's nothing wrong with the network connection.

I can not figure out to point the thing to a local mirror, such as the one
at GA. Tech.

Clues would be appreciated.

Sean