[ale] "Small Guy" redundant routing

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Wed Apr 6 09:40:40 EDT 2011

Well, let me jump in and ask about what *I'm* trying to do...

I am becoming close to being equipped to host Web sites out of my house,
expecting to have multiple sites per IP (which I expect to have a small
number of - maybe 2 or 4) provided by some sort of business broadband
(probably Comcast, as my other copper is taken up by AT&T Uverse and
POTS).  Given the current IPv4/IPv6 situation, how should that look?
And I still need to come to understand the entire end-to-end chain from
Internet DNS and domain name hosting all the way to Apache vhost config
as to how aaa.com, bbb.org, ccc.com, etc. as browsed from the Series of
Tubes can come to live on a single server.

- Jeff