[ale] Netgear FS608 Switch

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Apr 6 06:50:07 EDT 2011

On 4/5/2011 5:00 PM, Sergio Chaves wrote:
> Go into modem, write all login/connection info from user.
> Do a hard reset to wipe all the modem's config.
> Do the same with switch.
> Turn them both off. Connect switch to modem.
> Turn modem back on.
> Enter all login/connection info on modem and make sure it works.
> Turn switch back on, check to see if works. If not, that "should" be an
> area on the Netgear where you can CLONE the MAC and IP from the modem.
> Reboot switch (or both) and all should be good.

yeah, I just wasn't familiar with that particular modem, and the setup
screens had me confused. So I went home, looked up the MANUAL online,
then went back & had it fixed in 10 minutes.
That place is scary.. they were moving offices around & printers, but
didn't keep the printers & computers together.. They put a VERY old
HUGE- at ss monster printer out front where they put the brand-new HP
Windows-7 desktop. Only problem is... the printer is parallel... oops.
They had 1 CPU that was a 384Mhz celeron w/ 384Mb ram running XP that
was PAINfully SLOOOOw. & the attached a very old HP 712C inkjet, again
with parallel interface. It has been WAY too long since I've attached a
parallel printer to ANYTHING!

--
Paul Cartwright