[ale] [OT] Please Help me with my homework

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon Apr 4 09:20:51 EDT 2011

On 4/4/2011 8:54 AM, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> My experiences with GPSs indicate:
>
> 1.  They don't always pick the best route.
> 2.  They are wrong at times.

yeah, we went back to DC a few years ago, and I followed the GPS route
just for..grins.. It took me off the main highway & through a downtown
section that I WOULD NOT go into after dark! It might have been a few
miles shorter than following the beltway around, but I would NEVER tell
a tourist to go that route!!!

I remember YEARS ago, when we LIVED in Maryland, we were going to an
event at the Coleseum ( never been there before). It is at 2nd & M
street in DC.. so I drove there, and I was in an alley, behind
warehouses.. then I realized I needed to be at 2nd and M street NW, when
I was at 2nd & M street SE !!!! WHOAA!!!!!! yeah, there are like 4 M
streets in DC, NE, NW, SE, and SW ! You can talk about Boston streets,
but I think they did a real number when they created the DC street map!

--
Paul Cartwright