[ale] Well isn't this special

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:07:26 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Extreme support of _individual_ liberty (women choose their reproductive
> situation, men choose their ejaculation situation)

The Tea Party specifically takes no stance on abortion, gay marriage, etc.
It is NOT about social conservatism.

and sharply limited corporate power (no pseudo-royalty by way of
> multi-generational resource hogging - corps are not people and deserve
> exactly the same representative voice as a fence post) through the local,
> state and national government legislative and legal protections of _people_
> (nobody starves and nobody owns it all) sounds good to me. If I have to
> pitch in some cash or time to help out, that's OK with me as long as I don't
> see people more capable of pitching in shirking their responsibilities. The
> poor donate bodies to support war efforts. The middle class donate cash and
> bodies for war efforts. The rich are not donating bodies and working hard to
> not support it with their cash either.

Even Iraq / Afghanistan is not a Tea Party issue.  You will find strong
opinions both ways within the Tea Party.

I assume you know Rand Paul is considered a Tea Party candidate.  I quote

"[Rand] Paul says invading Iraq was the wrong thing to do, and while he
supported the attack on Afghanistan, he expresses reservations about
President Obama's mission for U.S. forces there and speaks about the need to
scale back overseas commitments."

Obviously, you can just as easily find Tea Party support for the war.  The
bigger issue is that Foreign Policy is not on the Tea Party agenda.  It is
very focused on domestic policy.