[ale] Well isn't this special

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Tue Sep 28 10:20:21 EDT 2010

One of the most disgusting things the Democratic Congress did after all
their talk about Dubya and his shenanigans was to actually pass a law
allowing for the illegal wiretapping done by the phone companies to be
legal in the future AND to prevent them from being prosecuted for what
they had already done.

For years when I worked in telecom the FCC and Justice were requiring
all new phone systems to allow for monitoring.   This is simply an
extension of that.

Since the courts have said you can't sue unless you can prove you were
specifically being spied upon and the also allowing the government to
hide who it is spying on there isn't much we can do about this.   It
really requires enough people to be outraged to the point of actually
demonstrating in the street over this but that's not going to happen.
The sheeple think the government has their best interests at heart.