[ale] Very thin details - Unable to remove files from an Apple

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 14:02:15 EDT 2010

Maybe repairing all permissions in the Disk Utility wouldn't be a bad idea either.

There's a tool called "Applejack" that I put on every box I have.

http://applejack.sourceforge.net/

I use it all the time to be able to run disk utility tools from a boot to single-user mode.  It also helps to be in single-user when doing all sorts of file flags.  It eliminates the GUI layer from making file changes under you, and it's a better way to run Applejack.

If you're going to be doing any regular service on this thing, I highly recommend it.

--j