[ale] weird mouse problem

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Sep 9 07:48:34 EDT 2010

On Thu September 9 2010, Jim Philips wrote:
> Anyway, if anybody knows of a foolproof way to see how my mouse buttons are
> mapped and fix them, please tell me.

and this is why Linux sucks for mainstream users.. I went through the same
crap when I bought a wonderful ( pick your poison) Epson Scanner, Epson
printer..... the Linux drivers aren't ready for prime time. I realize you are
very happy with that particular mouse, but how much is your time worth? would
a $29 USB/Bluetooth mouse solve your problem? I eventually setup my HP 5610
on the network for my wife's Vista laptop, because I got tired of fighting
network printing issue with the Epson. The Epson works fine direct-connect,
but the Epson ( M$) software just sucks for shared printers from Linux.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800