[ale] speaker out to mic in with recordmyesktop, will the loop work

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 17:56:41 EDT 2010

Right.  But my choices are limited here.  Recordmydesktop only picks up the
audio from the mic-in, so I have to go mic-in.

Acutally what I am trying to do is inside firefox I go to a website called
http://www.watchindia.tv

It runs sliverlight on Windoze but on Linux inside firefox moonlight works
fine(not in full screen mode but window mode)

I use record-mydesktop app to record a part of the desktop for the video.

For audio however, I dont have choice.  I have to record whatever comes out
of speakers.

So........ either I force record-mydesktop to record using JACK and then
conn cable as you suggest lineout-linein (which I have no idea) or use mic
output.

-Narahari