[ale] weird mouse problem

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Thu Sep 2 14:15:37 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 14:03 -0400, Richard Faulkner wrote:
> Starts to make *me* wonder about a bug...
>
> I'm currently running (and at the time of my failure):
>
> Fedora 12 (Constantine)
> Kernel Linux 2.6.32.19-163.fc12.i686
> GNOME 2.28.2
> Evolution 2.28.3 (this is where I was working when my mouse hang
> occurred and cleared when I force-quit the application -- nothing else
> open)
>
> How about you Damon and Jim?

Debian Sid
2.6.32-5-amd64  (debian provided)
Gnome 2.30.2
Evolution 2.30.3

I had it happen once or twice before the "big event" but it was so
brief, I did not notice it until the big loss of mouse clicking.  It was
as if a dialog window was open somewhere that needed attention before
you could progress, but I could not find it.  I just hard-booted.  Has
not happened since and I was playing with compiz w/awn and Lxde