[ale] Opinions for a two node Active-Passive/Failover System.

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 08:26:37 EDT 2010

The hot/hot round-robin DNS solution sounds the simplest.

If, however, you really want to cluster and let an IP float around, go to

http://linux-ha.org

This is the site for clustered Linux (aka "Heartbeat") and has many of the features I believe you're looking for.  I've not done service failover with it before, but if you run the two hot/hot and fail just the IP between them, that should work nicely.

There's pretty good docs, and for what you can't get there, there is an IRC channel as well.

Good luck!  Sounds like an interesting project.

--Jerald