[ale] Opinions for a two node Active-Passive/Failover System.

Thu Oct 21 07:23:07 EDT 2010

I fully agree. Unless you plan to keep the STONITHed server powered
down until you can approach it physically and remove the primary eth
cable, you have to make considerations for booting the thing into a
safe mode. But, your needs don't sound like they should require such
complication.

On 10/20/10, Dennis Ruzeski <denniruz at gmail.com> wrote:
> For something like that I'd run hot/hot with round robin DNS rather
> than complicate the works with a cluster setup.
>

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 5:09 PM, C Hendry <gchendry at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> For what application? Are you going to fail over storage?
>>
>> --Dennis
>>

>> No storage, no shared file system, just purely a service, it is a
>> streaming
>> audio server.

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.