[ale] A Real Sad Loss for Open Source in the Atlanta Area

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sun Oct 17 11:56:43 EDT 2010

  > Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 10:32:28 -0400 From: Jim Kinney
>  <jim.kinney at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [ale] A Real Sad Loss for Open
>  Source in the Atlanta Area To: "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We
>  run Linux!" <ale at ale.org>

>  On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:49 PM, Michael Potter <michael at potter.name>
>  wrote:
> > I am sending this so this thread has some balance.

>  I don't see why this thread needs "balance". It's not an attempt at
being a "neutral" news report.

I concur 100% with Jim: this is not meant to be a 'neutral' news report,
it is a list for Linux (and OpenSource) /*enthusiasts*/.  Please don't
start trying to make this list balanced, we're all here because we're
dedicated to evangelizing and helping others with Linux and OpenSource
solutions.  Regardless of where they are now relative to existing
proprietary solutions, we believe in their future and their utility, or
we wouldn't be here.  Best, Daniel