[ale] Boot issues - OR - why Mafia$oft hurts/disappoints everyone endlessly

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sun Nov 28 23:56:33 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 23:20 -0500, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:

> Now that I have been flamed and called pretty much stupid  the latest
> is :
> I downloaded MYTHUBUNTU and MYTHDORA.

AFA flaming and calling names, just take Aaron with a very large grain
of salt.  He gets on his soap box and does his thing.  Most of the time
it's amusing.  It's certainly well known that I can be worse at times.

> Tried MYTHDORA, got same unknown root fs blah blah/
>
> Changed the HD's now /dev/sda = Linux /dev/sdb = Windoze
>
> Tried MYTHUBUNTU.  It got installed.  Restarted the server
>
> Got the GRUB menu, chose the entry for Ubuntu regular and Ubuntu
> single user
> mode.
>
> Both cases getting syncing VFS unable to mount root fs unknown block
> (0,0)
>
> Not sure what I am doing wrong or how I can fix.
>
> I am willing to forego my Windoze install, as long as I can mount and
> use
> the data on the Windows drive later.
>
> Anyone in the Marietta, Alpharetta area that I can meetup to show
> issues ?

Sigh...  Wrong side of the city for me.  I'm over in the Norcross
Lilburn area.

> Any installfest that I can bring PC to for help ?

Now THAT's something Aaron might be able to address.  I wouldn't know.

> -Narahari

Regards,
Mike