[ale] Boot issues - OR - why Mafia$oft hurts/disappoints everyone endlessly

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 23:20:20 EST 2010

Now that I have been flamed and called pretty much stupid  the latest is :
I downloaded MYTHUBUNTU and MYTHDORA.

Tried MYTHDORA, got same unknown root fs blah blah/

Changed the HD's now /dev/sda = Linux /dev/sdb = Windoze

Tried MYTHUBUNTU.  It got installed.  Restarted the server

Got the GRUB menu, chose the entry for Ubuntu regular and Ubuntu single user
mode.

Both cases getting syncing VFS unable to mount root fs unknown block (0,0)

Not sure what I am doing wrong or how I can fix.

I am willing to forego my Windoze install, as long as I can mount and use
the data on the Windows drive later.

Anyone in the Marietta, Alpharetta area that I can meetup to show issues ?

Any installfest that I can bring PC to for help ?

-Narahari