[ale] best cross platform development evironment

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Nov 8 18:13:10 EST 2010

At the risk of sounding horribly indecisive, has anyone had any experience
with Ruby?  From an employment point of view, I like the languages
previously discussed.  However, from an intellectual point of view, Ruby
sounds really cool because of the power and flexibility and expressiveness
it's reputed to have.  I have my doubts that it could be as fast as either
C++, C#, or Java.  Also, it seems like getting a ruby application deployed
on a user's system might be a bear.

I just decided to run out to Borders and look over some C++ and Ruby books
for curiosity.  I have a 33% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket,
expires tonight.

I know Amazon may be cheaper, but I have to see a programming book before I
buy it.  So many of them are about as interesting as reading the dictionary.

Ron