[ale] Fwd: [Mailman-Users] How do you use mailman mailing list archives?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Sat May 29 07:12:02 EDT 2010

I know the Ale list is subscribed to both Google groups and Gmain so we
have at least *some* archive search abilities available. However I'm also
sure most of us are also subscribed to a list or two with private
archives which has been frustrated by Mailmans total lack of any search
facilities?

If so please pass this on so Mailman will eventually have some decent
search tools built in!

Hi all!

We've got 3 students working on improved archives for Mailman as part of
  Google Summer of Code this year, and before they start writing code
we'd like to gather some data on how people really use the archives.  If
you have a minute, it'd help us a whole lot if you could fill out this
survey to tell us how you use the existing archives and how you'd like
to use them:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dF9XcGRsYUpsOUtxYjBWRUdnVXN4X1E6MQ

I know I'm always inundated with survey requests, but I promise this one
will help us create Archives Of The Future. ;)  Seriously, this should
lead to more usable and useful Mailman archives, and who doesn't want
that?  Feel free to pass it around to anyone else who might want to
help, and if you have any questions or concerns please contact me.

  Terri