[ale] Evolution not processing junk mail -- Ideas anyone?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Sun May 23 09:08:48 EDT 2010

Uh hmm. Spam filters are often separate from email clients in my
world. Maybe you didn't move the spam<->ham database over? In that
case your spam filter  has to learn which is which all over again, and
your problem should go away with time.

It might also be worthwhile to check whether you actually have
spamassassin or bogofilter installed and configured correctly.  I'm
running ubuntu here, so I'd check the installation with dpkg-query(1),
but IIRC rpm(8) can do the same thing.  For configuration you'll have
to check the doc on the spam filter you have installed. man(1) and the
files in /usr/share/doc are good places to look.  They might even tell
you where your old spam db was bein' kept. Restoring it would resolve
your troubles immediately.

-- CHS