[ale] Tone Generator

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri May 21 11:03:31 EDT 2010

I'm running into a volume problem on my USB dongle.  I'm on Ubuntu 9.10.
In alsamixer if I set the PCM output of the dongle to 2 (almost nothing)
it is very loud.  I do see 10db of gain in alsamixer for the device but
can't figure out how to turn it off.  I may have to build a pad for the
dongle so it does not overload the filter :(