[ale] mysqlfs

Mon May 17 19:37:38 EDT 2010

I realize that syslog is not involved. I'm suggesting that it could
server your needs. Your concern about binlog size is only the tip of
the concern-berg. Unless there is something about MySQL that you need
for this purpose, I'd recommend against it. My first choice would be a
syslog server. My second would be RRDTool.

On 5/17/10, Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 17:34 -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
>> Sounds like a remote syslog server. What part of your needs are missed
>> by syslog and met by mysql? (I'm speaking as a MySQL DBA.)
>
> No syslog involved.  These are console logs coming off many devices.
> I've debated about modifying my program to store this data in MYSQL but
> am trying mysqlfs now.  Performance is a non-issue for these.   I'm also
> doing replication and my only concern is that with the possible high
> number of transactions the bin-logs could get very big very fast.  Maybe
> I should create a cron job to clean them?

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.