[ale] Way OT: In case you missed this in the news... Climategate

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed May 12 13:23:37 EDT 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PH

For the out of date science nerds. Near the bottom is a brief discussion of
pH in seawater that outline the difficulties and science work surrounding
the analysis.

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net> wrote:

> On 5/12/10 11:24 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > Nothing is living there!  I find it really amazing that PH of 1 can
> > exist in a natural environment!
> >
> Indeed it does...in my stomach (not joking).

and it's lined with snot so the stomach acids won't dissolve you. And there
are actually a few nasty critters that can survive stomach acids to take up
residence in the gut. Giardia anyone?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardia

James P. Kinney III
Doing pretty well on all 3 pursuits