[ale] canon Pixma

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.us
Wed May 12 10:38:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 08:05:54AM -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I was "thinking" of replacing my 4-year-old HP5610 all-in-one with something
> newer/jazzier/wireless, like the Canon PIXMA MP560.
> Doesn't look like Canon is any better at linux support than Epson.
> should I be looking more at the HP line, line the 4500 ??

I've just left a visit to my niece in Wales, UK.  She had exactly that
printer which I could not use with my Asus N10J netbook running Fedora
12 until I found on the Canon website their driver:
  cnijfilter-mp560series-3.20-1-i386-rpm.tar.gz

With that installed I could print perfectly via the wireless network.
I scarcely exercised it thoroughly though, and never tried scanning.

--
	David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
	dad at datix.us         www.datix.us