[ale] canon Pixma

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed May 12 08:05:54 EDT 2010

I was "thinking" of replacing my 4-year-old HP5610 all-in-one with something
newer/jazzier/wireless, like the Canon PIXMA MP560.
Doesn't look like Canon is any better at linux support than Epson.
should I be looking more at the HP line, line the 4500 ??

basically, I want to print from my Debian desktop, and my wifes Vista laptop..
I'm fine with my Epson R380 on my desktop, but failed misreably trying to set
it up to print over the net to the laptop. The Epson driver ate up 100% of
the CPU of the laptop, so I had to cancel that setup.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800