[ale] My Amiga Killed a Troll!

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Wed May 12 07:54:08 EDT 2010

One thing that whole suit did was teach me a bunch of random stuff
about how patent trollery works.  An enormous percentage
of the nation's patent trolling takes place in one Texas court
district which has made a cottage industry out of trolling.  IP
Innovations
is just one of many file drawer companies run by Acacia.  Acacia was
temporarily wounded in 2007 by losing a case against Microsoft
(one of the few nice things Microsoft has done in the intellectual
property world).

I haven't read the findings yet, all I've done is browse Groklaw, but
a  I jotted down after reading the IP Innovations claim a few years
back "they've patented something that's should be deemed obvious in
working with GUIs and workspaces".

Larry