[ale] tier2-3 support

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Fri May 7 09:06:24 EDT 2010

NB:

Standard accounting uses 2080 hours rather than 2000 for full time
equivalency.  52*40 = 2080.   Did many a budget/forecast in my former
life using that number.

However, if you want to take time off I guess subtracting the 80 hours
makes sense as it allows you to calculate in 2 weeks of vacation time.

You'd also want to calculate in the self employment tax (SSN) since
you'll have to pay that.   Of course you also get a credit for part of
that on another form (go figure - they take it with the right and give
some back with the left).

I used to do some side work that didn't amount to much - maybe a couple
of grand a year and always wondered at tax time whether it was worth the
additional forms.

Oh and don't forget if you're doing this full time you'll be making
enough that you'll have to file quarterly.