[ale] [OT] utility billing errors

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Fri May 7 08:58:03 EDT 2010

In the meantime Georgia Power mad are reportedly (last week's AJC)
planning to request another massive increase on top of the ones they've
already gotten recently including having us pay now for a nuclear plant
they haven't yet built.

A couple of months ago I detailed what Commiecast had done to me.   They
finally straightened that out (knock on wood).

So of course Awful Telephone & Telegraph decided it was their turn and
suddenly started charging me for a long distance plan on my landline
that I never signed up for then had the gaul to tell me they'd have to
charge me a fee to remove the overcharge.   They said it was signed up
for at the time I moved but couldn't explain why if that was the case it
didn't appear on my bill until 3 months later.   That seems to have
gotten straightened out after 2 months of screaming at them.

Maybe the utilities just take turns and it's a game they play with each
other.  Whichever one of them finally wears you down enough to pay for
stuff you don't owe wins.