[ale] CUPS error-CATASTROPHE-KNOTIFY:-SOLVED (sorta)

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu May 6 21:09:10 EDT 2010

On Thu May 6 2010, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> and now, when I try to print I get this CATASTROPHE-KNOTIFY:
> A print error occurred. Error message received from system:
>
> cupsdoprint -P 'Gutenprint_USB_Printer_1' -J 'file:///' -H
> '/var/run/cups/cups.sock:631' -U 'pbc' -o ' copies=1
> multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-collated-copies
> orientation-requested=3' '/tmp/kde-pbc/kdeprint_BoNvtQyi' : execution
> failed with message:
> client-error-document-format-not-supported

all I had to do to fix it was:
aptitude purge foomatic-filters-ppds kghostview gs-common gs-esp
cups-driver-gutenprint cups

which took out a number of other programs, then to reinstall:

aptitude install foomatic-filters-ppds kghostview gs-common gs-esp
cups-driver-gutenprint cups cupsys cupsys-driver-gutenprint
foomatic-db-gutenprint foomatic-db-hpijs ghostscript ghostscript-x
hal-cups-utils hpijs hpijs-ppds hplip hplip-gui ijsgutenprint kivio
koffice-libs krita pstoedit scribus

ALL BETTER! of course I had to reinstall my printers, but at least they work
now.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800