[ale] Wifi craking distro

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu May 6 14:34:32 EDT 2010

I've read this article on /. and it has gotten me interested:

http://it.slashdot.org/story/10/05/05/2142208/Hot-Sales-In-China-For-Wi-Fi-Key-Cracking-Kits?art_pos=22

I'm looking for a USB dongle based system that I can boot up and
immediately start cracking keys for wireless networks.  I'll run this on
an Acer Aspire D250.

The primary goal is for demonstration.  In a few months the Atlanta
Radio Club is going to have a presentation about 802.11b/g security.  My
plan is to have an AP and 2 wireless stations sending data back and
forth.  I want to use the dongle to showcase how easy it is for someone
to hack into your network and then showcase prevention measures.  I'm
looking for something that will boot, start X, and then work.  I've
tried installing some programs on Ubuntu 9.10 and it was not an easy
task.  There was a ramp up.  This presentation will last about an hour
so within the first 30 minutes the network needs to be cracked.

any suggestions?

Chris