[ale] GO Windows!!! ;-)

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Sun Jun 27 10:09:35 EDT 2010

bzzzt.

Nope. "Is" is a linking verb - hence, it has no object. Most
traditionalists would say the original poster, indeed, used the proper
usage. e.g. You wouldn't say "Who is her?" instead of "Who is she?"

http://www.myenglishteacher.net/linkingwordsandpronouns.html

or better:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2148233_choose-pronoun-correctly.html

"Step 5

      Learn the one exception-linking verbs and verb phrases ending in
be, being, and been. Any time a pronoun immediately follows a linking
verb such as am, is, are, was ,were, and will be, or phrases ending in
be, being, and been, use a subjective case pronoun.

      That is, use a subjective case pronoun--I,we, you, he, she, it,
and they--after these verbs.

      In the following example, notice the placement of the pronouns he
and she in relation to the linking verb "is" and verb phrase "could have
been."

      Example 1: Tom answered the phone, "This is he." Example 2; It
could have been she who stole the merchandise."

regards,
William