[ale] converting old 8mm film to dvd

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Jun 10 10:12:11 EDT 2010

If you'd ever been stuck in India and seen a very bad quality VHS tape
of Starship Troopers that was obviously made by someone filming the
screen with a camcorder you'd know trying to do it yourself without
proper equipment isn't a good idea.

It didn't help that Starship Troopers itself was an abomination as
compared to the original Robert A. Heinlein novel it was based on.  I've
also never been a fan of films that thought being gross somehow added to
the suspense.