[ale] converting old 8mm film to dvd

jcpilman at gmail.com jcpilman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:31:36 EDT 2010

We sent ours off, maybe ten or fifteen years ago, and had VHS tapes
made.  They cleaned the film and sliced the short reels into longer
ones.  During the process, some of the picture came off. That is, part
of the silver emulsion did not survive.  I think the whole process
turned out better than if I had done it myself.  I remember that every
time we played those old films they got worse.

They also added some soft background music and, of course, their logo,
maybe at the beginning or end.  I still have the spliced reels that I
would like to put on DVD, so keep us posted on what you find out.

...John