[ale] About done with AT&T DSL

Avery Ceo avery.ceo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:56:26 EDT 2010

The good news is that being on IFITL with AT&T will not affect Comcast at
all.

The bad news: Comcast
:)

On Jul 15, 2010 9:34 AM, "Pete Hardie" <pete.hardie at gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, so this is part rant and part RFI.

Last night my DSL wen out AGAIN, 6th time in 16 days, and it had not
returned as of 7:30am today.  I had Tweeted my complaint after the
4th outage, and gotten some better response from AT&T's social media
monitoring squad, so that I'm not required to argue with
the customer support drone about "plugging my computer directly into
the modem", and the CSR last night was very quick to contact
the technical side to try and diagnose the issue.  However, the result
was some form of equipment issue on their side, with a truck roll
"no later than 7pm on the 16th" - 2 days without service, unless it
heals itself somehow in the meantime.  The kicker in the rep whom I
spoke to after the Twitter contact told me that the IFITL section of
the system was not doing well - so if they have 5 complaints in 2
weeks on a section that
is known to be dodgy, why is there not a bunch of trucks ALREADY
rolling to fix things?

Ok, now the RFI:

As I mentioned above, I'm on the IFITL portion of AT&T's DSL in
Atlanta, and I think that means I will have issues if I want to switch
Comcast for my data connection.  Does anyone have either info on
similar experiences, or a source of info to ask on how Comcast might
need to do things to get me set up correctly?

--
Pete Hardie
--------
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at